Fitzgerald, on Mound Prairie Creek eleven miles north of Palestine in northern Anderson County, was probably named for W. A. Fitzgerald, who settled in the area in the 1850s and who was the oldest resident of Fitzgerald in 1901. The settlement had a post office from 1888 to 1905. In 1896 C. D. Kelley was the postmaster, and Fitzgerald had two general stores and a flour mill and gin. The community was probably abandoned in the early 1900s, as it was not labeled on state highway maps by the 1930s.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Fitzgerald is part of or belongs to the following places:
Fitzgerald is classified as a Town
Has Post Office