Flaccus, five miles east of Helena in Karnes County, was the center of a colony of Blacks who lived along McTennel Creek. The settlement dates back to Reconstruction, when area slaveholders released their slaves, many of whom retained the surnames of their former masters. The name Flaccus was chosen for a post office established there in 1903 with Lorenzo Perryman as postmaster. The post office was discontinued, and its records were moved to Runge in 1906. A school, referred to as Brieger school in the 1930s, was built there. In 1990 only a few wooden houses and some graves remained at the site.
Flaccus is part of or belongs to the following places:
Flaccus is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Flaccus by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."