Ford is at the intersection of U.S. Highway 385 and Farm Road 2587 in northeastern Deaf Smith County. It is named for J. W. (John) Ford, who brought his family to his homestead in November 1901 and later served as county assessor. Several more homesteaders followed, and by 1905 a school had been established there. The school building also served as an interdenominational church and as a community center. After the school district was consolidated with that of Hereford in 1940, the building was seldom used until the 1950s, when the county bought it and remodeled it as a shop for maintaining road equipment. The local 4-H Club and Extension Homemakers also use it, and elections are held there as well. The 1983 county highway map showed three businesses at Ford. In 2000 the population was fifteen.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Ford is part of or belongs to the following places:
Ford is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Ford by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."