Four Corners

Four Corners is a country hamlet located about five miles southwest of Brazoria in southwestern Brazoria County and near the Matagorda County line. Situated at the four-way intersection of Farm Roads 524 and 521, this crossroads locale possibly received its name from its prominent location. Brazoria County highway maps in 1936, though they did not specifically identify Four Corners by name, did show numerous dwellings, farms, a couple of businesses, and a church in the area. One establishment sat at the four-way intersection and was most likely a general store and filling station. As late as the 1990s county maps still showed a business at the crossroads, but no population figures were available for Four Corners.

Continue Reading

Laurie E. Jasinski | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Four Corners is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Four Corners is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 29.00191710
Longitude: -95.64550410

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2014

60