Franklin

Franklin was on the east side of the Trinity River sixteen miles north of Liberty in northern Liberty County. In 1845 there was a steamboat landing at Franklin and the community had a population of fifty. It was subsequently abandoned.

Continue Reading

Robert Wooster | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Franklin is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Franklin is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 30.27521000
Longitude: -94.79603610

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No