Fratt

Fratt was a flag station on the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railroad six miles north of downtown San Antonio in northern Bexar County. The community was first settled by German farmers before 1900. In the mid-1930s Fratt had a general store, a church, and a station house. Its population was reported as twenty-five in 1946. The settlement declined after World War II, and by the 1960s it was no longer shown on maps.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Fratt is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Fratt is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 29.51745220
Longitude: -98.39695960

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No