Friendly

Friendly is on Farm Road 314 fourteen miles southeast of Canton in southeastern Van Zandt County. It had a local school that had an enrollment of fifty in 1906 and was consolidated with the Van Independent School District by the 1950s. In 1936 there were scattered dwellings at the townsite and a church and the Watts black school within a mile, but by 1987 only a town hall and scattered dwellings remained at the site. The community still existed in 1990.

Continue Reading

Diana J. Kleiner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Friendly is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Friendly is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 32.46347440
Longitude: -95.64412860

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No