Friendship was on Farm Road 2208 sixteen miles northwest of Marshall in northwest Harrison County. The community was founded about 1846 and received a post office in 1851. By 1884 it had a population of twenty, a Methodist church, a general store, and a district school and had become a cotton-shipping point. In 1896 the population had grown to eighty and the settlement had a mill and gin. In 1904 the Friendship school district comprised four schools with 123 White pupils and three schools with ninety-nine Black pupils. The community lost its post office in 1905. Though there were two businesses in Friendship in 1931, the community was not listed on the state highway map of 1948. The Friendship school still served the area in 1978.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Friendship is part of or belongs to the following places:
Friendship is classified as a Town
Has Post Office