Friendship is at the intersection of two country roads seven miles northeast of Jefferson and 1½ miles north of State Highway 49 in eastern Marion County. The Friendship school had fifty-six White pupils and one teacher in 1899. In the 1930s the community had a school, several scattered dwellings, and a church, a half mile west of the crossroads. In 1938 the community's three-room schoolhouse accommodated thirty-eight Black elementary school students and one teacher. The school was consolidated with those of Jefferson by 1955, and in 1967 nothing remained in the area but the Trinity Church. In 1983 the site had the Trinity Church and a community center.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Friendship is part of or belongs to the following places:
Friendship is classified as a Town
Has Post Office