Friendship

Friendship, just off Farm Road 17 sixteen miles northeast of Canton in northeastern Van Zandt County, had a Grange by 1876. The New Friendship School existed as early as 1890 and reached an enrollment of 112 in 1904. In the mid-1930s the community had a school, a church, and several dwellings. Its school was consolidated with the Grand Saline Independent School District in 1952. In 1965 Friendship had a church, a cemetery, and dwellings along the roadway. In the 1980s the county highway map showed the Friendship School and scattered dwellings at the site. The Allsup and Pinkston Cemetery and the New Mountain Church were in the area.

Continue Reading

Diana J. Kleiner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Friendship is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Friendship is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 32.69207440
Longitude: -95.64718270

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No