Friendship

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Freestone County

Friendship, on Rocky Branch Creek four miles southeast of Wortham in northwestern Freestone County, once consisted primarily of a church, a school, and the Rocky Hill cemetery nearby. In 1903 the community's school had twenty-two pupils. Friendship had a school, two cemeteries, and a number of scattered dwellings in the 1930s. During the early 1980s two churches, a cemetery, and a few dwellings were still in the area, but by 1989 only the Rocky Hill Church and two cemeteries remained there.

Continue Reading

Chris Cravens | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Friendship is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Friendship is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.74488830
Longitude: -96.39970100

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No