Gannon is on the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway on a country road one mile west of Farm Road 419 and fifteen miles southwest of Roby in southwestern Fisher County. Grover school was operating 1½ miles east of the site by 1891. In 1912 the Pecos and Northern Texas Railway built through the area, and Gannon, named for C. L. Gannon, a school board trustee, became a station on the line. The school was renamed Gannon and relocated closer to the railway line. In 1940 the community had the school and a number of scattered dwellings. Gannon school was consolidated with Sweetwater schools in 1945, and by the 1980s all that remained in the community were a number of homes and the station.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Gannon is part of or belongs to the following places:
Gannon is classified as a Town
Has Post Office