Gentry's Mill, eight miles northwest of Hamilton in north central Hamilton County, was named for Frederick Browder Gentry, who in 1875 settled on Waring Creek and owned a wheat and corn mill there. Later S. C. Terry built a gin nearby. The community had a post office from 1876 to 1895. The population of Gentry's Mill was estimated at seventy-five in 1884 but by 1896 was no longer being recorded. A school survived in the area until 1950. The 1983 county highway map showed a church, a cemetery, and a community hall at Gentry's Mill. In 2000 the population was seventeen.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Gentry's Mill is part of or belongs to the following places:
Gentry's Mill is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Population Count, 2009