Gibson Chapel

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Freestone County

Gibson Chapel is a half mile south of U.S. Highway 84 and a mile south of the community of Cotton Gin in western Freestone County. As early as 1891 Gibson Chapel had a black school, which had an enrollment of ninety-nine in 1893 and ninety in 1903. In the 1930s the community had a school, a church, and a number of scattered dwellings. From the 1960s to the 1980s it had a church, a business, and one dwelling.

Continue Reading

Chris Cravens | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Gibson Chapel is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Gibson Chapel is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.66350190
Longitude: -96.36358750

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No