Gilleland Creek was a community near Farm Road 969 twelve miles east of Austin in eastern Travis County. It was named for its location on Gilleland Creek, which in turn had been named for the James Gilleland family, early landowners in the area. A post office, with Stephen Boyce as the first postmaster, opened at Gilleland Creek in 1849 but was discontinued during the Civil War and not reopened. Residents still in the area in the 1880s probably became part of the Garfield community.
Gilleland Creek is part of or belongs to the following places:
Gilleland Creek is classified as a Town
Has Post Office