Glen Cove

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Coleman County

Glen Cove, on Hords Creek and Farm Road 53 in west central Coleman County, was named for a rancher called Glen who drove cattle from Waco to the area for winter grazing. The town remained a small ranching center. In 1940 it had a church, three businesses, and seventy-five residents. By 1980 its population was reported as forty, and it continued to be reported at that level through 2000.

Continue Reading

Beatrice Grady Gay | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Glen Cove is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Glen Cove is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Cox's Store)

Location

Latitude: 31.86597890
Longitude: -99.63757480

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

40