Good Exchange

McLeod is in the Rodessa oilfield on Farm Road 125 thirteen miles southeast of Atlanta in southeastern Cass County. It was a sparsely settled farming community referred to locally as Good Exchange until the mid-1930s, when the area was developed into the oilfield. A post office was established in May 1937, and by 1939 McLeod had a consolidated school, nine businesses, and two churches. In 1945 the community had a population of 150. The population began to decline in the early 1960s and had fallen to fifty by 1970, when the town had three rated businesses. From 1974 through 1990 it was reported as fifty, and in 1986 the town had one rated business. The population grew to 230 in 2000.

Continue Reading

Cecil Harper, Jr. | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Good Exchange is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Good Exchange is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (McLeod)

Location

Latitude: 32.94791360
Longitude: -94.07323860

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No