Goodhope

Goodhope, on State Highway 31 two miles east of Powell in southeastern Navarro County, was established before 1900. By the early 1900s the community had a school, which in 1906 had an enrollment of eight. Goodhope in the mid-1930s consisted of a church and a number of houses. During the early 1990s Goodhope was a dispersed rural community with a church and a few scattered houses.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Goodhope is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Goodhope is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 32.12570780
Longitude: -96.29831100

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No