Goshen was just north of what is now the junction of Farm roads 3179 and 1791, about twelve miles southwest of Huntsville in southwestern Walker County. It developed around the Farris Chapel Methodist Church, which was established by Hezekiah Faris (Farris). The community was named for Goshen, Tennessee, from which many of its early settlers had moved. Goshen had a post office from 1854 to 1866. Another post office, called Hutcheson, operated there from 1895 to 1916. By 1904 the community had about 100 residents, but its population had dropped to twenty-five by 1914, when it had a general store and a sawmill. In 1936 the area called Goshen had scattered farm dwellings, a business, a school, and a church. The 1983 county highway map identified the Goshen community but did not show any structures at the site.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Goshen is part of or belongs to the following places:
Goshen is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Goshen by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."