Graham's Chapel

Graham's Chapel was off Farm Road 1476 twelve miles east of Comanche and three miles south of Proctor in eastern Comanche County. The community was settled in the late 1870s, and the oldest grave in Graham's Chapel cemetery dates from 1882. The community's name presumably derives from a church at the site. In 1902 the community had a school, which was still operating as late as 1924; by the 1930s the school had been consolidated with Proctor. In 1940 the community included two cemeteries and scattered dwellings. By the 1960s all that remained of Graham's Chapel was the two cemeteries.

Continue Reading

Mark Odintz | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Graham's Chapel is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Graham's Chapel is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.95292400
Longitude: -98.41837730

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No