Green Hill (Greenhill), on Farm Road 2152 some 6½ miles northwest of Mount Pleasant in central Titus County, originated in the 1850s. When a post office was established there in 1857 it was named for E. H. Green, pastor of the local Presbyterian church. The post office closed in 1860, reopened in 1872, and closed again in 1907. In 1884 Green Hill had a population estimated at 100, several gristmills, and a church, school, gin, and sawmill. By 1933 Green Hill's population had declined to seventy-five, served by three businesses. No further population estimates were available for the community, which had one business, three churches and a cemetery in 1984.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Green Hill is part of or belongs to the following places:
Green Hill is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Green Hill by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."