Greenock

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Bosque County

Greenock, near Farm Road 2490 about ten miles northeast of Valley Mills and twenty-three miles northwest of Waco in southeastern Bosque County, had a post office from January 1, 1882 to June 6, 1916. A general store had opened there by 1892, and during the 1890s a school was organized; it was used until about 1916. During this period, Greenock also had a separate school for black children. The community's estimated population was between twenty and thirty-five in the late 1800s, after which no population figures were available.

Continue Reading

Karen Yancy | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Greenock is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Greenock is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 31.76627170
Longitude: -97.34556730

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No