Grovedale, possibly also known as Groverdale, was a railroad switch near Caney Creek on the New York, Texas and Mexican Railway eight miles northeast of Bay City in northeastern Matagorda County. The community was probably founded when the railroad came through the area in 1902. Local sources report that in 1917 Grovedale had a population between fifty and 100. Several farms were all that appeared at Grovedale switch on the 1948 county highway map. Grovedale is not shown on the 1989 county highway map.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Grovedale is part of or belongs to the following places:
Grovedale is classified as a Town
Has Post Office