Gusher, in southwestern Hardin County forty miles northwest of Beaumont, was on the J. C. Daniel subdivision of the Willis Donohoe league, which was titled in 1835. It was near the Batson and Saratoga oilfields discovered in 1903 and 1901. Apparently hoping to capitalize on the nearby oilfields, Monroe Edge, a resident of Brazos County, bought the land, formerly known as the Batson Railroad townsite, from J. C. Daniel in July 1904. That same year a post office was established at Gusher. Though Gusher town lots appeared on county tax rolls in 1905, 1906, and 1907, most remained unsold. Its post office was discontinued in 1906, and the townsite was gradually abandoned.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Gusher is part of or belongs to the following places:
Gusher is classified as a Town
Has Post Office