Goodlett, on U.S. Highway 287 and Farm Road 2363 in western Hardeman County, was named for J. B. Goodlett, whose ranch headquarters were near the townsite. The town was called Gypsum, because of the local abundance of the mineral, when it was built south of the Fort Worth and Denver City Railway tracks in 1889 and acquired a post office with Henry J. Williams as postmaster. In 1909 the name was changed to Goodlett. The community was the retail and shipping center of an agricultural area. It had a population of 300 in 1940, 205 in 1980, and eighty in 1990. The population remained the same in 2000.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Gypsum is part of or belongs to the following places:
Gypsum is classified as a Town
Has Post Office