Hamilton

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Milam County

Hamilton Chapel, also called Hamilton, was on Farm Road 2116 three miles southwest of Rockdale in southern Milam County. It became a voting precinct in 1886 and was named for J. Hamilton, who gave land for a school. In 1903 Hamilton Chapel had one teacher each for fourteen Black students and sixty-three White. The Hamilton Chapel schools were consolidated with the Rockdale Independent School District in 1949. No evidence of the Hamilton Chapel community was shown on the 1988 county highway map.

Continue Reading

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Hamilton is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Hamilton is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [-Chapel]

Location

Latitude: 30.61603330
Longitude: -97.02581960

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No