Hancock, in the Hancock Valley fifteen miles northwest of New Braunfels in northern Comal County, was named for John Hancock, who in 1851 was granted land on the north bank of the Guadalupe River. The community was served by the Sorrell Creek school. The Hancock post office opened in 1914 in a private residence, operated later in the Frank Guenther store, and then was discontinued. In 1940 the farming and ranching community had a population of ten and was on a postal route from Fischer Store. The town grew to forty residents in the 1950s, but in the early 1960s when the Canyon Lake dam was completed, the townsite was submerged.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Hancock is part of or belongs to the following places:
Hancock is classified as a Town
- (Sorrels Creek)
Has Post Office
Hancock by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."