Hardys Chapel

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Navarro County

Hardy's Chapel was off Farm Road 638 twenty-one miles southwest of Corsicana in extreme southwestern Navarro County. The town grew up around a church of the same name, probably after the Civil War. A school operating there in the 1880s was discontinued by 1900. In the mid-1930s Hardy's Chapel had a store and a number of houses. Its estimated population in 1940 was twenty-five. By the mid-1960s the town was no longer shown on highway maps. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Hardys Chapel is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Hardys Chapel is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [Hardy's-]

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No