River View, on Red River at the northeast corner of Red River County, was an early boat stop and crossing. A post office, established in 1884, was called Harris Ferry for the man who operated the ferry there in the late 1870s and early 1880s. It was renamed River View in 1912 and was discontinued in 1930, when mail was ordered to Clarksville. The population of River View was seventy-five in 1930; in 1940 one business and a population of twenty were reported. In 1984 River View consisted of a few widely scattered houses.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Harris Ferry is part of or belongs to the following places:
Harris Ferry is classified as a Town
- (River View)
Has Post Office