Hastings

Hasting's was on the stage line to Bandera five miles southwest of Boerne in southern Kendall County. A post office was established there in 1890, and by 1892 the community had a population of fifty. Stock raising and dairy farming were the primary occupations of area residents. The community's population fell to thirty by 1896, and the post office was discontinued in 1903. The Hasting's school had one teacher and fourteen students in 1905 but was probably consolidated with several other districts in 1907, when the Boerne Independent School District was established. No evidence of the community was shown on county highway maps in the 1940s.

Continue Reading

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Hastings is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Hastings is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [Hasting's]
  • (Mineral Springs)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No