North Bennett, formerly known as Head, is on Farm Road 2005 and a county road, twelve miles northeast of Goldthwaite and four miles northwest of Center City in eastern Mills County. The county's first judge, J. B. Head, moved to the site with his family around 1890. The Head community was on a mail route from Caradan and had a church and school in 1936. Later the site became known as North Bennett, presumably because of its proximity to the northern fork of Bennett Creek. No population figures were reported for North Bennett in 1990.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Head is part of or belongs to the following places:
Head is classified as a Town
- (North Bennett)
Has Post Office