Berg's Mill (Mills) was on the San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railway near San Juan Capistrano Mission, eight miles south of downtown San Antonio in southern Bexar County. The settlement grew up around the ruined buildings of the first wool-washing mill in the area. It was named for L. S. Berg, a San Antonio promoter. A post office opened there in 1887, closed in 1890, and reopened in 1892 under the name Hellemans, after a local family. Both names were used for a time, but in later years the original name was preferred. In 1940 Berg's Mill was at the center of the Median Irrigation Project and had a population of 100. With the growth of San Antonio after World War II the community lost its separate character, and by the 1960s it was no longer shown on maps.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Hellemans is part of or belongs to the following places:
Hellemans is classified as a Town
- (Berg's Mill)
Has Post Office