Henning

Henning, a farming community southeast of Garrison in northeastern Nacogdoches County, developed after 1900 around a flag stop on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad. During the 1930s Henning had a depot and a number of houses, and several stores and a gin were in the area. The community's population was twenty-five around 1940. After World War II most of its residents moved away, and in the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Henning is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Henning is classified as a Town

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No