Henson's Creek

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Coryell County

Henson's Creek was near a stream of the same name in east central Coryell County. It received a post office in 1858 with William R. Ellis as postmaster. The settlement also had a gin and a store. The post office was discontinued in 1866. The site became part of the Fort Cavazos military reservation in the early 1940s.

Continue Reading

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Henson's Creek is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Henson's Creek is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Aristo)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No