Heugh (Hugh), also known as Antioch, was a church and school community three miles north of Grandview in southeastern Johnson County. It formed in the 1870s and had a school by 1875 and a Baptist and a Methodist church by 1884. In 1883 residents successfully petitioned for a post office under the name Heugh; it served the community for seven years. In 1892 Heugh had a population of twenty-five and three businesses. Sometime after the loss of their post office, residents began to call their settlement Antioch. In 1896 the Antioch school had 113 pupils and two teachers, and by 1903 ninety-five pupils and one teacher. Apparently the community did not survive for many years past 1900. The 1976 county highway map showed the Antioch cemetery just off Interstate Highway 35W four or five miles north of Grandview.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Heugh is part of or belongs to the following places:
Heugh is classified as a Town
Has Post Office