Hickey

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Panola County

Hickey, seventeen miles southwest of Carthage in southwestern Panola County, was established in the early 1890s. A post office opened there in 1895 with Jacup Y. Hickey, after whom the community was named, as postmaster. By 1900 the settlement had a general store, a gristmill, and a cotton gin. The Hickey post office closed in 1906, and the mail was sent to Clayton. After 1910 Hickey was no longer shown on maps.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Hickey is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Hickey is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Towers)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No