Hickey's Store

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Panola County

Lowry was a rural community on Mill Creek seven miles southwest of Deberry in eastern Panola County. A post office opened there in 1883, and by the mid-1890s the small settlement had three grocery stores, a gristmill and cotton gin, a sawmill, and an estimated population of thirty. The post office closed in 1902, and by the mid-1930s Lowry was no longer shown on highway maps.

Continue Reading

Christopher Long | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Hickey's Store is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Hickey's Store is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Lowry)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No