Hickory Grove

Hickory Grove, three miles west of Rockdale and just off U.S. Highway 79 in southwestern Milam County, was settled by German immigrants. A Red Cross auxiliary unit was located there in 1917–18. The 1948 county highway map showed a few scattered houses and a cemetery in the area; a 1988 map showed only the cemetery at the site.

Continue Reading

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Hickory Grove is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Hickory Grove is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 30.65492000
Longitude: -97.06915460

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No