Hide Bug

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby

Map of Motley County

White Star was located in northwest Motley County on Farm Road 2009 six miles southeast of the site of present Flomot. In the 1880s the area was known as Hide Bug Junction, where several dipping pens intersected a north-south cattle trail. In 1891 a rural school was established at White Star, although settlers commonly referred to it as Hide Bug. The small settlement remained a cow camp in the early 1900s and grew to include a gin and a store in the 1930s. A population of ten, one store, and the school were reported for White Star in 1940. The community (erroneously called Whitestone) was on 1980 county maps, though no businesses were evident.

Continue Reading

Charles G. Davis | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Hide Bug is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Hide Bug is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • [ -Junction]
  • (White Star)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No