Highland

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Erath County

Highland, on Farm Road 2156 ten miles northwest of Dublin in northwestern Erath County, is in a plateau ranching area originally settled about 1880. John S. Blackstock became the first postmaster at the community in 1890, but the post office was discontinued about 1904. In 1947 Highland had a school, a store, and forty-five residents. By 1980 its population had increased to sixty, where it remained through 2000.

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Highland is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Highland is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 32.15486240
Longitude: -98.44588090

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

60