Hitson (formerly Hittson) is on State Highway 92 four miles west of Hamlin in northeastern Fisher County. The area was first settled in 1870 by ranchers John and William Hittson. The town was granted a post office in 1886 and had an estimated twenty-five inhabitants by 1890. A school was opened in the community in 1889, and by 1896 Hitson had a Methodist church and a general store. The post office closed in 1906. In 1940 Hitson had a school, a church, three businesses, and scattered dwellings. Hitson school was consolidated with that of Hamlin in 1947, and by the 1980s all that remained in the community were a few homes and a cemetery.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Hitson is part of or belongs to the following places:
Hitson is classified as a Town
Has Post Office