Hog Creek

Jakehamon, also known as Hog Creek, was ten miles northeast of De Leon in the northern tip of Comanche County. It was founded during the Desdemona oil boom of 1919 and named for Jake Hamon, oil operator, who gave land for the townsite and constructed a railroad from there to Dublin. In 1930 the community had a population of eighty-one. The 1983 county highway map showed a cemetery in the vicinity.

Continue Reading

Julius A. Amin | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Hog Creek is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Hog Creek is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Jakehamon)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No