Holland Quarters, on Farm Road 959 five miles northwest of Carthage in central Panola County, was established after the Civil War. A school known as Holland was in operation in the 1890s, and in 1897 it had an enrollment of seventy-nine black students. In the mid-1930s Holland Quarters had a school, a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. During the 1940s its school was consolidated with that of Carthage, and in the mid-1960s only a church and a few scattered houses still remained in the area. In the early 1990s Holland Quarters was a dispersed rural community with an estimated population of forty. The population remained at forty in 2000.
Holland Quarters is part of or belongs to the following places:
Holland Quarters is classified as a Town
- ['s Quarters]
Has Post Office
Population Count, 2009