Holland Springs, on Hamilton Creek three miles south of Burnet, is the site of the first permanent settlement in Burnet County. Holland Springs was the original location of a ranger camp that became Fort Croghan around 1849. In July 1848 Samuel E. Holland, a Georgia native, bought land in the John P. Rozier survey and eventually developed the valley into a prosperous pioneer community. During the 1870s a school was built for area children; it was consolidated with the Hairston school in 1906. A cemetery marked the Holland Springs site on the 1989 county highway map.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Holland Springs is part of or belongs to the following places:
Holland Springs is classified as a Town
Has Post Office