Holly Grove

Holly Grove is on a road west of Farm Road 2798 in south central Polk County some sixty miles northwest of Beaumont. The tiny community is in the thick forest of East Texas; its site was settled before the Civil War. The Holly Grove Missionary Baptist Church was organized there on January 5, 1867. In the 1980s a few scattered residences remained at Holly Grove, and Menard Creek, slightly east of the community, had been made a parkland corridor of the Big Thicket National Preserve.

Continue Reading

Robert Wooster | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Holly Grove is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

Yes

Place type

Holly Grove is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 30.51853890
Longitude: -94.70770420

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No

Population Count, 2009

20