Holt

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby

Map of Hutchinson County

Jeffry, in northeastern Hutchinson County, had a post office from March 1902 to October 1918, after which mail was sent to Adobe Walls. Area children attended the Holt School, built in 1906 on land donated by Ben Holt. This school reported fifty-seven students around 1916–18 but only seven in 1928. In 1949 the school was consolidated with the Pringle and Spearman schools, and its building was subsequently used as a community center. A 1982 map showed a cemetery nearby.

Continue Reading

H. Allen Anderson | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Holt is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Holt is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Jeffry)

Location

Latitude: 36.02225860
Longitude: -101.23015880

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No