Hot Springs

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Presidio County

The Kingston Hot Springs are seven miles north of Ruidosa on the Rio Grande in Presidio County. Kingston is a small commercial resort developed around the 118-degree mineral-water spring. Annie Kingston bought the 1,200-acre property in 1896 so that a family member's arthritic condition might be helped by the water. She piped the water to three adobe bathhouses. In 1937 the Kingston family built seven cabins for accommodations. During the 1980s the springs were still owned by members of the Kingston family. At that time there were three individual soaking tubs in individual rooms in the bathhouse, and more than 1,000 people visited the resort each year.

Continue Reading

Janet Mace Valenza | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Hot Springs is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Hot Springs is classified as a Town

Location

Latitude: 30.03835420
Longitude: -104.59901460

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No