Houston Terminals

Product photo
Promotion: Nearby Map of Harris County

Channel, also known as Houston Terminals, was a residential community on the Houston Ship Channel in Harris County. A post office operated there from 1919 until 1920, when mail was delivered from Deepwater. Another post office operated from 1922 until 1923, when mail was delivered from Pasadena. The community's population was 100 in 1921, but the area was subsequently engulfed by industrial development, and the community was not shown on the 1936 county highway map.

Continue Reading

Diana J. Kleiner | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Houston Terminals is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Houston Terminals is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Channel)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No