Huffines is on Farm Road 251 eight miles southeast of Atlanta in southeastern Cass County. It was probably settled in the 1870s. When the community received a post office in 1881 it was named Huffins, for R. M. Huffines, a surveyor who lived there. In 1884 the town had a church, a school, saw and grist mills, at least two cotton gins, and a population of fifty. By 1890 the population had dwindled to thirty-five. In 1905 the post office was closed, and the mail was sent to nearby Viola. In 1983 Huffines had a church, a cemetery, a town hall, and a population reported at ninety. Both the name of the town and the family for which the town was named were referred to in local newspapers alternately as Huffins or Huffines until well into the twentieth century. In 2000 the population was 140.
- ✅ Adoption Status:
- This place is available for adoption! Available for adoption!
Huffines is part of or belongs to the following places:
Huffines is classified as a Town
Has Post Office
Huffines by the Numbers
This is some placeholder text that we should either remove or replace with a brief summary about this particular metric. For example, "We update population counts once per year..."