Hutto's Grove

Indian Springs was a small rural community located in central Polk County. A post office named Indian Springs opened on April 4, 1872, with Henry Hutto as postmaster. It operated for about two years. In 1892 residents established a school. Highway maps in the 1930s showed homes in the area. No further information was available about the historic community.

By the early 1980s another community by the name of Indian Springs existed east of Livingston. This real estate development in south central Polk County was named for nearby springs. In 2000 this community had 250 residents.

Continue Reading

Laurie E. Jasinski | © TSHA

Handbook of Texas Logo

Adapted from the official Handbook of Texas, a state encyclopedia developed by Texas State Historical Association (TSHA). It is an authoritative source of trusted historical records.

Belongs to

Hutto's Grove is part of or belongs to the following places:

Currently Exists

No

Place type

Hutto's Grove is classified as a Town

Associated Names

  • (Indian Spring)

Has Post Office

No

Is Incorporated

No